Oct 26, 2020
On this week's episode of the Your Morning Coffee podcast, Jay Gilbert and Mike Etchart discuss:
- "Music's Third-Quarter Earnings Report: 7 Key Points To Watch" (Billboard)
- "The Streaming Startups Truing To Save The Music Industry Mid-Pandemic" (Guardian)
- "Do Rappers Need Record Labels? Marlon Craft Found A...
Oct 19, 2020
On this episode, Jay Gilbert and Mike Etchart discuss:
-British parliament launches inquiry into economics of music streaming [STUART DREDGE MusicAlly]
-Elvis Costello On Making Albums In a Streaming World [ROBERT LEVINE Billboard] "Streaming hasn’t changed the way I write songs, but there’s a sequence of songs...
Oct 12, 2020
On this episode, hosts Jay Gilbert and Mike Etchart cover:
-"Pay For Play Was Banned From Radio - But Texts Reveal It May Still Be A Thing" (Rolling Stone).
- "Spotify Dominates Paid Subscriptions As Streaming Revenues Fall For First Time" (Hypebot).
- BMG Eliminates 'Poisonous' Controlled Composition Clauses From It's...
Oct 4, 2020
On this week's episode of Your Morning Coffee, Jay Gilbert and Mike Etchart discuss:
-How Streaming Bots Are Running Careers of Independent Artists (VentureMusic.com)
-How Much Does It Cost To Go To Number One? (Crystal Bell, PaperMag.com)
-Music Marketing Tips: The Pros Share Their Best Advice at Sandbox Summit (Stuart...